Re: Sanity Check on TR 6 ownership !

To: Nettater@aol.com
Subject: Re: Sanity Check on TR 6 ownership !
From: peb3@cornell.edu (Philip E. Barnes)
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 09:08:14 +0100
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Carol:
What's the problem? ;-) Seriously, what you are experiencing is not all
that unusual. Generally speaking, those of us who are enthusiasts of these
cars rescue them from folks who don't take care of them properly. We wind
up spending a great deal of time and money early on setting things right.
After a while things settle down and you can expect to see the
wrench-to-ride ratio drop considerably; unless you contract Shipwright's
Disease or decide to restore the thing, in which case your life will be a
living Hell for years to come. (Why would I know that?) It is also possible
that Triumph ownership and sanity are mutually exclusive conditions.
Welcome to the club!

Philip E. Barnes       '71 TR6  CC61193L
Cornell University
Newman Laboratory of Nuclear Studies
Ithaca, NY 14853
607-255-4951