Tunnel insulation

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Tunnel insulation
From: WATSON@wmich.edu
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 08:54:12 -0400 (EDT)
Last year I removed the old fiberboard tunnel cover from my 78 Spit. It was
VERY oily and smelly! The insulation consisted of a bag o' chopped
fiberglass. There was a hole in the bag so it was also oily and smelly.

The new tunnel cover is fiberglass with a plastic top coat.  I have covered
the "inside the car" part with Dynamat sound insulator and the "inside the
engine" part with Dynamat w/ heat and sound insulator.  The Dynamat has its
own adhesive (peal and stick, heat with a hair dryer). It worked great...that
is, until the heat of the engine made it drop down inside the engine.

I'm planning on fixing the Dynamat this winter.

Any suggestions?

Margaret Watson  "Chick Racer"
Kalamazoo, MI