Re: GAS and Water Part 2

To: Doug Mathews <MATHEWS@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
Subject: Re: GAS and Water Part 2
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 1996 10:38:46 +0400 (EDT)
Cc: "TR's" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Wed, 18 Sep 1996, Doug Mathews wrote:

> Last night I took a flashlight and looked into the tank and if you are
> Italian, you would have loved what I found...
>
> There is a mass of what appears to be spaghetti all wrapped loosely
> around the float arm for the sending fuel gage sending unit. I fished
> some of it out with a coat hanger and it appears to be long rubber
> strands, about the width of a rubber band.
>
> So, its going to be drain the tank, remove it, and get dinner out of the
> tank.
>
> Any ideas of what it would/could be? It was an overnighter bringing the
> car home...suppose someone had some fun?

How 'bout an old golf ball? Gas might have dissolved the outer cover.

As for dinner, I'd try a white clam sauce!

--Andy

  * Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?                                  *
  * Man: Well, no... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,   *
  *  Triumph Herald engine with wings.                                *
  *   -- The Cut-price Airline Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   *