Re: TR3B Overheating

To: amace@unix2.nysed.gov
Subject: Re: TR3B Overheating
From: TRIPHSTEVE@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 23:36:05 -0400
Cc: MATHEWS@uga.cc.uga.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net
Andy et al-

I have understood that the TR3B's have increased propensity to overheat
because:
1. poor build quality in a plant different from the one that TR2, 3, and 3A's
were built,
2. increased engine capacity,
3. some radiators were with crank hole and some were not, and
4. cars were built with "leftover" parts from 3A's, many of which were
leftover because of defects.

Finally, and most scientific, almost every TR3B owner I have spoken to over
the last 4 years has experienced the same lingering problem, regardless of
efforts to remedy. That same experience does not seem to occur with as much
frequency with other sidescreen cars.

Even the best cars of the TR3B variety do not seem  prone to use on longer
trips or even participation in shorter ralleys, with the biggest reason I
hear: "overheating".

I love the car, but hate the temperature.

Steve Thornton
Bowling Green, KY
1962 TR3B
1971 TR6