RE: TR6: veneer and soft top questions

To: "JCBOUCHARD@aol.com" <JCBOUCHARD@aol.com>
Subject: RE: TR6: veneer and soft top questions
From: Jane Burdekin <burdekij@bvsd.k12.co.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 1996 20:11:35 -0600
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>

snip....

>      First, anyone know the proper(original) veneer for restoring the wood
>fascia?  There about thirty selections in the woodworking catalogues.

Can't help with this one right now but if no one hits on it, I've got some
references at home.  I'm guessing some kind of beech or teak or a lighter
walnut.

In my '67 GT6 the dash is walnut, we refinished it with penifin oil and it
looks great.

Jane B.
Boulder, Colorado USA

>      Second,  what is the proper way to snap the soft top backlight to the
>rear panel when it is open?  I can't find any illustrations, but the Bentley
>manual references it.  Do I need to install snaps somewhere?

Yes, but not actually on the backlight.   Once the backlight has been
unzipped, it should be rolled up. The soft top boot snaps to the rear panel
and the rolled up back light is held in place.   There should be two female
snaps, one on either side of the cover (aka soft top boot) these are
attached to short lengths of elastic on both my 74s and connect to the male
ends of the snap which are mounted against the rear panel of the cockpit
(on the trim panel just in front of the gas tank.)

David J. R. Williams
TS 12287L
CF 18015
CF 20725