RE: Re: RE: Re: AC/DC, No not 8 tracks (boring & not to net)

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: AC/DC, No not 8 tracks (boring & not to net)
From: PiJay@t-online.de (Peter Juergens)
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 96 09:17 +0100
you wrote:

PS:  where in Germany are you?  I lived w/ my parents in Frankfurt from
'67-70, and my wife was over there (before I knew her) for school in 1983.
 She remembers a lot more german (speaking/writing) that I do!

PPS: I was amused by the Scott Mc Ryan. (The M is for my middle name,
Michael)

Hi Scott,

thanks for being amused only.
I didnīt even mention that there is NO "c" in your name. Read it wrote it and
,I
can still remember, thought: Mhh, Mc,... there must be a Scottsman in his
genealogical table. OBTW, just during writing this, the reason is found:
I read your first name : Scott >> = scottsman >> M. >> Mc.
It was a mixture between One Way- and Dead End Street, I had no chance to get
out.

OK, the town where Iīm living isnīt to far from Frankfurt. Itīs Dortmund just
150mls north of Frankfurt. I wonder if you know it.

About the boring things:

You were quite right "Mac" <g>, but are some annotations allowed?

You wrote:
>> I'm not sure what type of switches germany has, but one kind of switch in
>the
us can have contacts open/close slowly, <<<

If you still got one of these, dig a hole, dia 2feet and 6feet deep, throw that
dam switch into and close it! ;-]

>> and it fairly easy to make the contacts arc for a long time (until the
contacts fuse together)<<<

Could be good for the physics instruction.

>> the light is usually on 1/3-1/2 brightness when this happens.<<

Yes,indeed, because the arc has got a resistance. Therefore you get a voltage
drop over the lamp.

Peter Jürgens
Germany/Dortmund
PiJay@t-online.de