Re: Thrust Washers? I don't NEED no stinkin thrust washers!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, "Andrew Murchison" <amurchi@quetico.tbaytel.net>
Subject: Re: Thrust Washers? I don't NEED no stinkin thrust washers!
From: "Jim Sudduth" <jim.sudduth@autodesk.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 96 15:43:06 PST
     Well, I've heard that, at least as far as the TR6 is concerned, once
     you find the thrust washers in the oil pan you're in it for a new
     block. Fellow listers, is this always true?

     Jim
     jims@autodesk.com
     CF20076U

Author:  "Andrew Murchison" <amurchi@quetico.tbaytel.net> at SMTPCC3
Date:    9/10/96 2:36 PM

Hi list, thanks for reading.
 Seems my '78 hasn't given me enough problems to keep me in trouble, so
rather than happily drive along, I bought a restorable (aren't they all?) 1980
Spitfire.  It seems to be in really solid shape with no body work
needed, but the interior is shot.  The PO said that the engine would
need a rebuild soon as it had excessive end float on the crank.  This
is an understatement for when I removed the oil pan the thrust
washers were laying there - one ok but one bent and distorted. I have
no idea how long the car had been driven like this.   So......
What do I do now? (other than buy new thrust washers:) ) Any help
comments or advice would be appreciated.

Andrew Murchison
amurchi@tbaytel.net
'78 Spitfire- Remarkable well behaved - jealous of the '80?
'80 Spitfire- Nothing to be jealous of....