Bell Housing Swap--Aluminum on Spitfire

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Bell Housing Swap--Aluminum on Spitfire
From: SCHWANGAU@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 1996 11:14:37 -0400
I am ready to install the uprated '75 1500 engine in the '65 Spitfire.  I
will mate it to a late single rail full syncro non-OD transmission.

Question:  Will the aluminum bell housing from the '65 MKII 1147cc with 3
rail transmission mate between this later engine and transmission.

It nearly takes a fork lift to move the cast iron bell housing around the
garage.  The aluminum one would certainly be nice on the car.

My "Puerquito" (little piggy) is waiting.

Brian N

79 Spitfire  (Cochita)
65 Spitfire (Puerquito)