GT6 Insanity (a little long)

To: "iguana@nccn.net" <iguana@nccn.net> (Return requested), "rjl6n@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu" <rjl6n@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu> (Return requested), "thoward@sdcoe.k12.ca.us" <thoward@sdcoe.k12.ca.us> (Return requested)
Subject: GT6 Insanity (a little long)
From: "Lindberg, Andrew (MN12)" <Andrew.Lindberg@CORP.honeywell.com>
Date: 05 Sep 1996 15:38:45 -0500
Alternate-recipient: Allowed
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net> (Return requested)
Conversion: Allowed
Disclose-recipients: Prohibited
X400-content-type: P2-1988 ( 22 )
X400-mts-identifier: [/c=US/admd=MCI/prmd=Honeywell/; 05D8C322F3A55066-HW-MTA-MN]
X400-originator: Andrew.Lindberg@CORP.honeywell.com
X400-recipients: non-disclosure; <05D8C322F3A55066*/c=US/admd=MCI/prmd=Honeywell/o=MN-MTA/ou=MSMail/ou=CORP/s=Lindberg/g=Andrew/@MHS>
John Lye (rjl6n@uva.pcmail.Virginia.EDU) wrote:  "There's also a GT-4 in a
junkyard near Scottsville, VA that would be pretty easy to resurrect if
anyone was so inclined."

I kept the above phrase on my machine for two days but was unable to bring
myself to erase it.  Why would anybody in Minnesota even think about driving
to Virginia, pulling a butchered GT6 out of a junkyard, and transporting it
back to Minnesota (how?) to occupy a corner of his garage for the next
decade?

The only possible answer is that I've gone nuts.  Listen, I thought I was
sane when I bought my TR3.  I didn't think I was too far gone when I sold my
1991 Saab and bought a 1964 Volvo for a daily driver.  (Call me a wimp, but
the 3's side curtains just don't cut it when it's 30 below.)

But now I've got this insane idea that I need a GT6.  I'm afraid I'm over
the edge.  What do I need a GT6 for?  I can't think of any good reason.  In
the summer they're like a toaster oven.  Only Volkswagens and Corvairs have
worse rear suspensions.  You spend your entire life trying to figure out how
to get an oil pressure gauge and ammeter into the dash, and make it look
good.

Anybody with good advice?  Delusional maniac needs your help.  I can tell
you already that buying all the books on Spits/GT6s only intensifies the
symptoms, and even the best brew pub products only provide short-term
relief.

 -- Andy Lindberg  (On my God!  Is this one of those things you inherit
through your first name?  Will I be coveting Heralds next?)