Re: You guy are letting me down...

To: "Bruce T. Clough" <cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil>
Subject: Re: You guy are letting me down...
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 1996 11:03:22 +0400 (EDT)
Cc: Scions of Stanpart <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Tue, 3 Sep 1996, Bruce T. Clough wrote:

> I was cruising in the '79 TR7 DHC (The Infidel) yesterday listening to
> "Switched On Bach" in the 8-track player, totally dismayed that nobody on
> the mailing lists had a copy of "ABBA's Greatest Hits" on 8-track that they
> could part with.
>
> I realized then that I had my goal set too high.
>
> So, how's about Heart's "Little Queen", or Meatloaf's "Bat Out Of Hell"?
> Anybody got those on 8-track that would like to donate them to some
> retro-whacko that just bought a TR7 FHC for an everyday driver.
>
> Dudes, I need my tunes!
>
> The medicine has helped, ciao,

Bruce, can't help on either title above, but might I offer the Barry
Manilow Live "double album" or perhaps any of several "Golden Oldies"
compilations, at least one of which features Jimmy Dorsey's "So Rare"?
There's also at least one Andy Gibb tape, which I might pay someone to
take off my hands. ;-)

All this and more dates from the mid-1970s, at the height of of CB fever
and the end of the 8-track era. I got ahold of both -- cheaply, I might
add -- and manages to adapt both to a slide mount (one or the other at a
time), as opposed to cutting holes in areas of the GT6+'s dashboard that
simply did not already exist. Using the slide mount in the passenger's
"cubby" area, I was able to have all the amenities I could handle.

All this, combined with the capacious rear load area AND a detachable
roof rack, I could haul in every sense of the word with that car, be it
stepladders and building materials, dozens of pylons for autocrossing,
or just luggage for a trip.

Those WERE the days, my friend....

--Andy

  * Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?                                  *
  * Man: Well, no... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,   *
  *  Triumph Herald engine with wings.                                *
  *   -- The Cut-price Airline Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   *

p.s. If you had a blank 8-track, I might just be able to dub the
Meatloaf album onto it -- if my mother-in-law still has that deck!? (or
did it go in that garage sale so long ago?)