Smog Check HUMOR

To: Paul Nicklin <PAUL@gt66.demon.co.uk>
Subject: Smog Check HUMOR
From: Sholtes IV <joeiv@cris.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996 17:59:47 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Paul Nicklin wrote:
> ~Snip~

> It's a pity Triumphs weren't around when your constitution was
> written, then you would have a god given right to drive your car
> (much as you can all own guns) no matter how polluting it was
>
> God bless America.
>
>Paul,
  I fear you may be inncorrect. I believe one of Britain's first imports
was called the "Mayflower". It was driven over from England in 1951 all
the way to a place in Cape Cod where it crashed into a Plymouth and a
rock. After repairs the crumbled, shortened, car was commonly referred
to as the "Mayflower Compact". This car was the forerunner (or "Herald"
if you will) of the first Presidential Limosine which George Washington
often rode in after hours to go to "Stag" parties.
  After his term of presidency, he purcased a TR 7 that broke down so
much that he became incensed enough to enact the war of 1812! So you
think this impending legislation is bad, just think what would happen
if the current President were to buy an older British car. Better to
keep the classics in the hands of the people who will go to the trouble
to register (and repair emmisions hardware) on them instead of allowing
just ANYbody to register them. At least WE won't start a war! (But not
for lack of wanting to,at times.)

                            JOE IV
                            TR 250

P.S. I didn't do so well in history class at school, so I may have some
    dates wrong.