Re: TR250 Alternator

To: ckent@ids.net
Subject: Re: TR250 Alternator
From: JoeSimcoe@aol.com
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996 12:15:17 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Chris,

Joe IV gave you the same advice that I was going to --  all I would add to
his post is that there are two plastic plugs that these wires go into before
the plugs push onto the backs of the alternator.

   Thee Brown/Yellow and Brown/Green wires go to the smaller of the plugs,
the heavier gauge Brown/White and Black (GND) wires go to the larger plastic
plug.

   There is also 3 additional wires that come out of the harness at the same
spot as these wires.  They go straight to the coil in the following manner.

   Green/Blue goes to - side of coil
   White/Brown goes to  +  side of coil
   White  goes to + side of coil.

   I have not looked at where these go back to - as someone else posted that
info to you.  However if you have an original harness, or can trace any
splices back to original wires, this color code should help you.

JoeSimcoe