Spitfire Cams

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire Cams
From: "Andrew Murchison" <amurchi@Quetico.tbaytel.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 1996 06:26:20 +0000
Comments: Authenticated sender is <amurchi@mail.tbaytel.net>
Hi there list:
  After sorting out relatively minor issues related to my new twin
weber set-up ( jets, idle mixture-still not right- and syncronization),
I've decided that maybe a hotter cam would be a nice addition.
 The main question is:  Does anyone out there have suggestions,
reccomendations, success stories or utter failures that I should know
about when choosing a cam?  In particular I'd like to find a fast
road grind (Piper, Kent, others?), associated valve springs and
anything else I may need.

Any thoughts would be welcome.
Andrew Murchison
amurchi@tbaytel.net
'78 Spitfire - exhaust pipe caked with soot-maybe I should look at
that idle setting :)