Poly Bushing Lube?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Poly Bushing Lube?
From: tonyr@dzn.com
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 1996 13:05:10 -0600
TT>O' Faithful Ones:

TT>A couple of seasons ago I installed poly bushes during a front end rebush jo
TT>on my 74 TR-6. I have been very happy with the handling etc... But now they
TT>creak and squeek quite loudly. Can anyone tell me what to lube the bushes
TT>with? Must I pull stuff apart to do this as well? And how often?

TT>Thanks in advance!!

TT>Mike Konopka (T Tone 007 @aol.com)

Mike,
 Lots of lubes will work. For "poly" bushings, try some silicone spray
lube. It doesn't last very long, but works quite well.
 For longer lasting lube, there is a lube in aerosol made especially for
rubber and poly bushings but I can't think of a brand name right off
hand. Doubt you will find it at K-Mart.
 If you just want to stop a squeak, try dishwashing liquid detergent.
Regards,
Tony
--
The Digital Zone  (915) 751-0131 voice (915) 759-8100 data
http://www.dzn.com