1980 California Spitfire

To: amace@unix2.nysed.gov
Subject: 1980 California Spitfire
From: EUlm890623@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 23:08:22 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
 > How do you know that it's a 1980 California car? I was under the
impression
>that Spitfires were NOT sold in CA after the 1979 year because they
>could not meet the stricter emissions standards. Just curious!?

 Dear Andy,

My Spitfire has the California prefix on the commision number as well as a
slightly
different coolant/carburator hose arrangement than other "Federal" models of
the same year. The car was originally sold in south carolina. I feel it was
probably in the import pipeline for awhile or diverted from its california
destination. All in all its a rather dubious distinction and means that I
 recieved the full treatment when it comes  to emission strangulation.  Hope
that satisfies your curiosity.

                             "Have a nice Day"

                              Eddy Ulm
                              1980 Triumph Spitfire