Re: No subject line or person > Have No fear!

To: pleask@mailhost.wlc.com
Subject: Re: No subject line or person > Have No fear!
From: CHARLES_HYMES@HP-Cupertino-om5.om.hp.com
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 96 14:41:09 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
There is no such thing an an E-Mail virus. I speack with 13 years of internet
experience.

The Good Times virus and it's imitatators are hoaxes.
For verification and more information see these web pages:

http://www.csmil.umich.edu/~chymes/newusers/Think.html
http://www.hr.doe.gov/goodtime.html

And here are plain text.

ftp://usit.net/pub/lesjones/GoodTimes-HoaxFAQ.txt";
ftp://usit.net/pub/lesjones/good-times-virus-hoax-faq.txt";
ftp://users.aol.com/macfaq/good-times-virus-hoax-mini-faq.txt";

Anyway, there is ABSOLUTLY NO WAY** for an email message to infect your computer
with a virus just by reading it.
Even the infamous internet worm did not operate this way. This "mother of all
Junk-mail virues" Has made it into the photocopy room, and is going around
again. Note however, that it IS possible to dounload an executable program
through e-mail, or through your web browser. For heaven's sake DON'T RUN A
PROGRAM FROM A SOURCE YOU DON'T HAVE VERY GOOD REASON TO TRUST! If your browser
or e-mail reader does not ask you permission before it runs a dounloaded rogram,
THROW THAT BROWSER OR READER AWAY! It's no more useful than a door to your house
that can't keep anyone out.