Re: blowers, etc

Subject: Re: blowers, etc
From: Michael Marr <mmarr@execpc.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 18:25:08 -0700
Michael Marr wrote:

> Randell Jesup wrote:
> >
> > Vincenti, Ross writes:
> > > Undid the rags and lo and behold I was staring at an old Roots type
> > >blower with manifolds that was obviously set up for a small LBC  motor!!
> >
> > >Amazingly the manifold was almost a perfect fit on the Spitfire Mk I
> > >cylinder head!!!!!  It may take a little filing and grinding, but it should
> > >fit and looks as though it was designed for just this type of installation.
> >
> >         More likely a Judson, Shorrock, or All... (I forget the name).  I
>think
> > all of these are vane-type superchargers (perhaps one is a screw-type).
> >
> >         It might be for an A-series engine (Mini or Spridget - the All...
> > (Allard?  nah) supercharger mentioned above was a 'standard'
>dealer-installed
> > option on early 948 and probably some later sprites.
> >
> The All... blower was, in fact, an Allard blower, I think.  There used
to be a company in England in the 50s and 60s by the name of V. W.
Derrington that specialized in blower kits for MGs and other BMC products
with A (and possibly B) series engines.  They may well have produced a
kit for the Spit.  I don't know if Derrington still exists - maybe one of
my ex-countrymen in the UK could let us know?