Re: electricity

To: libertyc <libertyc@erols.com>
Subject: Re: electricity
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mdporter@rt66.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 1996 21:28:10 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
libertyc wrote:

> I think that would be would be great.  Perhaps I can prevent myself from
> being electrocuted.  I was connecting a new 220 wall plug for a dryer in
> my new/old house a few years ago and instead of following my intuition, I
> followed the flawed directions that came with the new outlet.  Dryer
> started ok, but without heat.  When I reached inside the dryer, my arm
> touched the metal rim and I received a nice jolt that shot up my arm and
> felt like it went into my heart.

Well, sometimes there's no precaution against bad instructions. <g>  How
many instruction manuals have you seen with the advisory, "Do not trust
anything we say here.  If you do trust us, proceed at your own risk." <g>

Anyway, when I get a few spare moments at work, I'll collect a few
manuals and send them out.

  It just scared me and burned a bit of
> flesh.  That was just the latest worst example.  So, it probably is a
> good idea to beef up on circuitry.

Good thing to do, anyway... too many things running on electricity these
days to feel one can ignore it. <g>

> Did you say quiet month???  Never!  I should take advantage of this month
> to accomplish a few major house jobs.  I probably won't come away with
> any bloody knuckles, either ;-)

Ah, those one often can't avoid when working on the car.  So, you'll have
just enough time to contemplate how much care you'll now have to take to
avoid dinging the new paint and body work. <g>
Cheers.

--
My other Triumph doesn't run, either....