Carb confusion on a Spitfire

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Carb confusion on a Spitfire
From: "Sean Johnson" <sean_johnson@milacron.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 96 17:03:23 -24000
While working on the carbs today, I looked up my SU's in the applications
list.  It turns out the carbs I thought came from a '69 1296 engine, are
actually from a '62-66 Spitfire with a sub-liter (950 cc?) engine.

This makes me wonder:  what's the difference between the HS2's used on the
950 and 1296 engines? Can I alter these to the later configuration, or is
there not really a difference?

Second question:  How much for a manifold to use HS4's on a 1500 Spitfire?
Third question: Anybody want to trade me an overhaul-able set of HS4's for a
freshly overhauled set of HS2's for a Mark I or II Spit?

Regards,

Sean (don't need no more surprises) Johnson
'75/'79/whatever Spitfire