TRF TR-6 Seat Foams

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TRF TR-6 Seat Foams
From: TTone007@aol.com
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 20:20:17 -0400
O' Faithful Ones,

I'm still at it: Seat rebuilding, interior, and clutch too. As I removed the
old seat covers, they spewed forth gobs of gelatinous glop that was once foam
rubber. Yuch! Anyway, I noted all clips, flaps, etc.. Then I diligently
sanded and painted the frame and I am now waiting for seat diaphrams from
TRF.

One note to fellow SOL types: Upon opening my seat foam kitfrom TRF, I sadly
discovered that neither the head rest foams, (My TR-6 is a 74) nor the foams
that surround the lower seat frame perimeter are included in their kit. Yet
their TR-6 catalog Vol #2 says on page 499, & I quote here: "SEAT FOAM KIT,
including a FULL set of foam components for both seats"

 I am really a TRF fan & am not trying to flame here. But I thought I would
let other TR-6 folk who are trying to decide about where to get parts for
their perspective seat rebuilds know about this minor TRF
oversight.Meanwhile, I am off to see the nice ladies at the fabric store for
some retail foam!

Mike Konopka