Re: TR-6 speedo cable routing <199607291217.AA04575@internet

To: "Doug Mitchell" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Subject: Re: TR-6 speedo cable routing <199607291217.AA04575@internet-mail.ford.com>
From: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 08:48:03 -0400
Cc: Steve Sutton <ssutton@ridgecrest.ca.us>, triumphs@autox.team.net, streeter@sanders.com
"Doug Mitchell" wrote:

> On Jul 26, 10:46pm, Steve Sutton wrote:

> > Can anyone tell me the correct routing for a Overdrive equippedTR-6 (LHD)
> > speedo cable?

> The important thing about the routing of the cable is to not have any
> kinks in it. This is what can cause hunting and bouncing of your speedo.
> It doesn't do the cable any good either.

Along these same lines, I've heard tell that there is a "right-angle" drive
available for the speedo cable on the TR6, so that the speedo cable doesn't
have to make a 90-degree bend in the confined space between the transmission
and the tranny tunnel cover/floor pans.  My cable takes a sharp bend at that
point, that I think may be responsible for speedo bounce.  (My speedo
bounce is negligible at 10-30mph, but pretty major at 50+.)

--ken
'74 TR6 Daily Driver

Kenneth B. Streeter         | EMAIL: streeter@sanders.com
Sanders, PTP2-A001          |
PO Box 868                  | Voice: (603) 885-9604
Nashua, NH 03061            | Fax:   (603) 885-0631