Re: new triumph owner

To: robert ylitalo <robert.ylitalo@kiruna.se>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: new triumph owner
From: mrdon@denver.net (Don Schaffer)
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 1996 11:11:32 -0600
At 05:35 PM 7/27/96 +0200, robert ylitalo wrote:
>hi there gang
>I just bought me an triumph spitfire MkII. It was profesionally rust
>treated 15 years ago and has been in storage since then. it only has
>three owners me included and has 11000 km of running. I have know gone
>thru the engine and it started perfectly after being asleap for 4 years.
>It has a sport exhaust systemleather seattings and wodden stearing
>wheel. Previous to this car i had a ford capri RS.
>
>I need hupcaps for the spit does any one know where to order, i also
>want left and right mirrors which are fitted on the wing(GT-version).
>Where can i order these things?
>
>An original radio is also intresting.
>
>Am i the most northern triumph owner i live 200 km above the arctic
>circle?

Welcome to the world of British Sports Cars
I bought my first Spitfire New in 1969
It was great, but my wife got pregnant with our son in 1971
   had to sell the Spit, couldn't afford 2 cars in those days
   and it was too small for us and the baby

When the baby graduated from high school in 1989 my wife and
   I decided that we did most of the work of raising him and
   were responsible (in some little way) for his graduation.

We decided to buy ourselves a graduation present.  We bought
   a 76 Spit, and have been restoring it little by little since
   then.

Well enough about that
   Parts can be obtained from (among others)

         Victoria British Ltd.
         Box 14991
         Lenexa,  Kansas 6685-4991

    Toll free pone number in US and Canada
         1-800-255-0088

I'm sure there are lots of other suppliers, I've dealt with this
company several times, and have been very satisfied.

Happy Motoring
DON

PS  The baby has since spent four years in the US Marines, is
married and has a baby of his own, as does his little sister.
Time flys when your having fun.
//  Don Schaffer                 //
//  Westminster, Colorado  USA   //
//  '76 Spitfire                 //