Re: Silver Paint

To: KMNTR6@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Silver Paint
From: Chad Jester <triumph@igc.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1996 14:46:41 -0700
KMNTR6@aol.com wrote:

> Guys
>
> Since my rebuild I have needed the warm silver paint for my TR6. I originally
> bought the Eastwood version for $6.99 a can ( or 2 for $6.50 each). When I
> used the stuff solids like a sand came out witht the paint. I had to strip
> off all of the paint and redo with unsatisfactory results.
>
> I had previously had good results with the Moss version of the paint (for all
> I know it could be made by Eastwood) except for clogged cans that I had to
> throw away. So I called Moss for a couple of cans. I was shocked at the price
> - $11.95 a can! What a rip! I am sort of over a barrel, so I bought only one
> can (shipping and handling was $4.70). Total $16.65. OUCH!!
>
> Anybody have any more economical solutions??
>
> Ken Nachman
> Richmond Triumph Register
> 1957 TR3
> 1974 TR6

Ken,

I have also had trouble with the Eastwood silver.  I was
surprised...their products are usually top notch.

F*rd motor company sells a silver spray can that is right on for the
color.  The price is OK.  I'll try to send you their part #.  You can
also visit your local PPG paint store and ask them to mix a pint or quart
of chevrolet argent silver lacquer.  This can be sprayed through a
"preval" brand disposable spray can (usually available at good paint
stores for less than $5).  It will give you a good durable finish.