Re: Carpet-glue?

To: Michael Noerregaard <ngaard@utxvms.cc.utexas.edu>
Subject: Re: Carpet-glue?
From: kral@anvil.nrl.navy.mil (Milo Kral)
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 1996 08:14:49 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
>I am in the process of installing my new carpet in my Mk.3 - and was
>wondering what I should use for glue.

Hi-
I just installed a carpet set in my MGB.  I attached the sills with contact
cement (Dupont?) and was almost overcome by the fumes even though I was in
an open shop with a fan blowing over the car.  My brain is damaged enough
without sniffing glue - so that was out.  I tried 3M spray adhesive and it
just doesn't work well.  It dries too fast and doesn't adhere well. I
finally tried double sided outdoor carpet tape and I was very happy with
the ease of installation and the lack of fumes. Time will tell if the tape
will continue to stick.  Anyone else have any experience with this?

Milo