Re: Waterproofing Tonneaus

To: "Chris Boston" <spitfire@zeu.tt.umist.ac.uk>, "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Waterproofing Tonneaus
From: <emanteno@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 1996 03:38:36 -0700
>I bought a new(second hand) tonneau at Stafford last week, and last night
was
>the first rain since.  I discovered this morning that the drivers side is
not
>quite as waterproof as I would like.

>Can anybody offer me the best way of reproofing vinyl?

Chris,

Typically, vinyl is waterproof. When a tonneau leaks water into the
car, the water is going around the vinyl. For example, on my TR6, water
gets around the tonneau at the top of the dashboard (fascia?). On
windy, rainy days, I think water gets in under the tonneau where it
snaps onto the doors. I used to think the tonneau was more weathertight
than the top (hood?), I found out at VTR 94 in Asheville that it wasn't.

Irv
74 TR6