Re: TR6 Piston info

To: IEDXW@asuvm.inre.asu.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Piston info
From: Nickbk@aol.com
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 1996 20:00:50 -0400
Dennis-
You ask about piston height...

I immediately went out to the shop and tore my '71 motor apart to check the
distance from the top of the flap top piston, to the top of the wrist pin
hole. Hey, anything for a pal <g>. However, try as I might I couldn't make
that distance any more than about .75". Are you sure you don't have a set of
those darned 2.0 liter GT6 pistons. What head number and block number do you
have, or shouldn't I ask as this could be another of those mix and match
motors ?
Ask Tony to check a set of GT6 pistons for measurements

The Car Curmudgeon
       Nick in Nor Cal