Gone ?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Gone ?
From: Nickbk@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 1996 20:26:10 -0400
So I dial up and there's nothing to download...
After I panic and check absolutely everything, I dial up again...Nothing.
Yikes. Its like you are all gone, but I'm still here, just like that Twilight
Zone episode, I'm the last man on Earth ! I call a buddy at home, all I get
is his answering machine. Do,do, do,do ( insert Twilight zone theme song).
So, its true, I am the last person on Earth. My mind reels. The most
important question I've ever had faces me...What kind of a car should I drive
? I mean, hey, there's no one else but me, I can drive whatever I want.
Should I get a vette, or maybe a new Jag ? Or should I go to a museum and
drive something really cool, like a '27 Rickenbacker ? My mind is
racing...the phone rings, its AT&T trying to sell long distance service. The
world snaps back into focus, I'm devastated...however, I am glad that the
list is now back up and running.

The Car Curmudgeon
     Nick in Nor Cal