Re: Paint Chips Fixing

To: jarrow@saskmaple.net
Subject: Re: Paint Chips Fixing
From: aj253@rgfn.epcc.Edu (Tony Robinson)
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 96 19:58:11 MDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

>Can someone post the proper way to fix paint chips??.
>

>Jeff.A

Jeff,
 Easiest way I know of is to start with a paint that matches.
Clean any chipped spots very well with a toothbrush and soap and water.
 If the chip is to the metal, you may want to use a small spot of primer,
applied with a fine hobby brush.
 Use the same method to aply matching paint.
 Put on 3 or 4 applications of paint and give it a few minutes between
applications.
 Let it set up for a couple of days and wet sand the spots lightly. I
prefer 1000 grit wet/dry paper. Even out the spot. Finish off with white
polishing compound and the wax.
Be patient and take your time.
Best Regards,
Tony