59 TR3A wobbles

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: 59 TR3A wobbles
From: "Moody, Mark" <MOODY@burke.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 1996 4:39pm
Got a new (well sort of) 59 TR3A.  35K orig miles.  Between 45 and 55 mph it
shimmys so much I expect the already cracked steering wheel to come off in
my hands.  It will soon go to the shop, but I'm wondering what advice I can
get on the key weak points in the front end.  It's tempting to just swap it
all out, but the car really only has 35K.  Any suggestions for a logical
order to attack this problem will be appreciated.  I plan to lube the front
and check the wheels tomorrow.  My mechanic is suspicious of the steering
box, but I think this may be looking too far.  Also, any advice on good
shops in the Boulder CO area would help.
Mark Moody
Moody@Burke.com