Re: Slipping clutch

To: aj253@rgfn.epcc.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Slipping clutch
From: KVacek@aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 1996 10:26:56 -0400

> With an assembly of "planet" gears and hubs, it is highly unlikely the
>o/d could "slip".

Tony--
There are cone clutches in there.  If they slip (worn facings, weak springs,
contamination of lubricant), the unit can and will slip.  Mine did.  I put in
a new B&B clutch and rebuilt the master and slave cylinders (all this on a
1-1/2 year old TR-6 with a similarly new OD), and yet it still slipped.
 After the OD blew up and I rebuilt it (NOT toucing the clutch except to R&R
the trans) --- voila !! no slippage.

-Karl