Carburettor Dashpot Oil Leak

To: triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Carburettor Dashpot Oil Leak
From: "Carlsson Olov, KAR" <olov.carlsson@enator.se>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 1996 17:33:00 +0100
Encoding: 16 TEXT
Following the hints on curing dashpot oil leaks in Stromberg carburettors I
have this question:

Can the needle be removed, the O-ring replaced and the needle be put back
without disturbing the carburettor adjustment? I have a UK spec 1975 Daimler
Double Six with four Zenith Stromberg 175CD-2 carburettors. It runs
beautifully, and I wouldn't like to upset the adjustment!

Incidentally, the reason for my joining this list is that I'm looking for a
Triumph Stag. Anyone in Scandinavia or in the UK on the list with one for
sale? Manual with overdrive, 1973 or older, decent-to-good condition is my
request!

Olov Carlsson
Sweden