(Fwd) it runs after 8 years!!!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: (Fwd) it runs after 8 years!!!
From: "Steve Sutton" <ssutton@ridgecrest.ca.us>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 1996 16:16:19 -0700
Comments: Authenticated sender is <ssutton@mail.ridgecrest.ca.us>
Posted-date: Tue, 2 Jul 1996 16:11:36 -0700
2nd post, I think our provider is having problems.  Sorry if you get
it twice.

It runs, it runs!!!!

Finally after 8 long years, my 74 TR6 is finally running again!!  It
started right-up on the second try.  Not bad, since everything and I
mean everythig had been taken apart, inspected, fixed, assembled and
re-checked.

Only had two problems, a leaking heater control valve, which I
bypassed for now, and a fuel leak from the front carb.  This brings
up my questions.  The leak in the front carb was coming from a
machined hole located at the bottom of the cold-start valve assembly.
I could think of no other reason for fuel to come out this hole other
than a incorrect fuel float level (or a sticking needle & seat).  I
pulled off the float bowl (easy to do with no body in the way, it just
came back from the painters, but thats another story) checked the
grose-jet and rechecked the float level.  Everything seems fine.
Reassembled and it leaked again for a minute or two then stopped.

Does anyone know if I was barking up the wrong tree or not (how about
it Tony R???).  What's the opinion of those Grose-Jets?  Anything
else to check for?  I'd just as soon do it now while the body is off.

Thanks!!
Steve Sutton
74 1/2 TR-6
Ridgecrest, CA