Re: TR6 Carb Dashpot Oil leak

To: kral@anvil.nrl.navy.mil
Subject: Re: TR6 Carb Dashpot Oil leak
From: CBrown1500@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 1996 20:57:15 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

<< One of the carbs on my '71 TR6 keeps losing its oil.  Any clues why?  I
 originally thought it was because of a hole the diaphragm,  but apparently
 it isn't.

Milo,
There's a very small "O" ring around the mixture adjusting screw at the
bottom of the oil damper champer. The "O" ring is included in most rebuild
kits or you could just find one locally from your hydraulic parts supply
house.

To get to it, remove the needle from the piston, and using a 1/4" wooden
dowel and a small hammer, gently drive the adjusting assembly back up the
bore. Be careful, there's a small star washer that holds everthing in, and
that will be coming out first. Replace the "O" ring and use the dowel and
hammer to tap everything back down the bore.

Hope that helps,
Charlie B.
Capital Triumph Register