TR6 - A Naming Story

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 - A Naming Story
From: don.guthrie@xtra.co.nz (Don Guthrie)
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 1996 09:02:17 +1200
There was a thread a while back about names people have for their LBCs -
mine just got hers, so I thought I'd share the story:

On Sunday my '74 TR6 (which had been off the road for 4 years before I
rescued it) made the 80kms drive home from the borrowed storage/workshop
facility where the surgery took place. This short drive was something of a
mission - after four years off the road you better believe there are all
sorts of bits just waiting for the chance to retire in action.

That night I was out for dinner with a few friends - a low-key 30th birthday
celebration. I had just told my day's story about driving home and my friend
Jacki, (attractive, blonde, intelligent, etc. and a movie junkie) asked me
what my car was called. I said she doesn't have a name yet, but her defining
characteristics are that she is temperamental, lusty, something of a mystery
to me... and she's blue.

Jacki immediately came back with the name - "Betty Blue".

If you've seen the movie you'll understand.... all I can say is I hope my
life with Betty ends differently.

Don Guthrie
New Zealand
don.guthrie@xtra.co.nz