Guess what I found!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Guess what I found!
From: BrianK@ttgwest.com (Brian Knopp)
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 1996 09:51:52 -0500
Hi, all!

  While replacing the hood on my Spit I discovered that the DPO had glued
the hood frame gasket to its bracket and also glued the leading edge of the
hood to the frame.  So, being a shipwright <g>, I pulled the frame with the
intention of stripping and re-painting it.  Which brings me to the reason
for this post.

  I found two products that are wonderful for this calibre of paint work.
One is called Graffiti Remover and is available at Sutherlands.  It does a
real bang-up job on removing paint, glue, varnish, or what have you.  It
will also remove *skin*, so be careful to be upwind when spraying.  The
other is a liquid called Rust Prime and is available at Pay Less Cashways.
It turns rust on metal to primer.  You clean off the loose paint and flake
rust with a wire brush and then apply this liquid to the remaining rust and
in about 6 hours the piece is ready to be wiped down and primed for paint.

  Just thought you all would like to know about these.

Brian Knopp
Programmer
Travel Technologies Group