Spitfire door hinges

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire door hinges
From: Jonathan Miles <MILESJE@novell2.bham.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 1996 11:52:16
Hi All,

The hinges on my spit. have worn quite badly allowing the door to
drop down. Before I go ahead and replace sills etc. I want to align
the doors properly using non-worn hinges. I have 2 options. 1. I
replace the hinges which are very expensive. Or 2. I replace the
hinge pins which are very cheap.  Has anyone out there replaced these
before? Is it easy and does it solve the problem, i.e is it the pins
that wear away or the holes the pins go in?.

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan

Spitfire 1500