Re: paint

To: sedavid@richmond.infi.net
Subject: Re: paint
From: aj253@rgfn.epcc.Edu (Tony Robinson)
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 96 01:04:43 MDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

>Hey all;
>
>I am planning to paint my TR6 in two weeks after some minor body work,
>however I need some ideas as to the type of paint to use. Naturally, my
>paint shop must "match" the color (computerized technology) as the only
>duPont paint they have the codes for is their "average quality"....or so I'm
>told. It's white, any reccomendations??
>
>Is Imron the way to go?  Or is a "base coat/clear coat"?
>
>Thanks a lot for your ideas.  I want it to look great when the new chrome
>arrives in 3 weeks!
>
>Dave Emery

Dave,
 I just painted a car with "tintable" acrylic enamel.
 It went on great and glossed like crazy.
 It is a duPont paint, but sold under the name Nason. Used high speed reducer
and catalyst.
 This paint reduces one to one where most duPont paints reduce four to
one. Coverage was excellent. Costs about half of duPonts premium paints.
Should be able to get good coverage with 2 quarts.
 Best thing is this paint can be custom blended.
 Extremely durable. I have been wet sanding with 2000 grit paper for two
weeks now and have just broken the glaze and got the desired finish. Of
course it will need to be polished out when I finish wet sanding.
 These are steps that are not normally required, but are my choice to
obtain the desired finish.
Best Regards,
Tony
###