Re: Carbs and MPG - I Win!<833127902.2118.0@bobe.demon.co.uk>

To: Bob Edgar <bob@bobe.demon.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Carbs and MPG - I Win!<833127902.2118.0@bobe.demon.co.uk>
From: "Richard Jackson - Network Technician ext. 2570"<RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 08:37:58 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
>I average 35 mpg from my Spit 1500.   Cruising  on the motorway at 80
>I can get up to 38/39 mpg.   I have an extracter manifold and sports
>exhaust fitted, which improves both performance and mpg.

Whilst we're on the subject of MPG, I averaged 47-48mpg from my 1300 MkIV on
a 130 mile run last year, something I have NEVER achieved since!! :-( I tend to
get low 30's now. Although I hope that will improve as I have now rebuilt my
cylinder head over the weekend, it now pulls up hills alot better.  :-)

Bye

Rich