BOUNCE triumphs: Non-member submission from [daleh@tres.tas.gov.au (dale

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: BOUNCE triumphs: Non-member submission from [daleh@tres.tas.gov.au (daleh)]
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@spitfire.cs.utah.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 01:30:59 -0400
     Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 11:47:22 +1100
     From: daleh@tres.tas.gov.au (daleh)
     Subject: Re:Whip test

The "whip" test I mentioned in my previous message concerning flexible
brake hoses, is a test in which a flexible hose in clamped by one end
in a vice in a machine which then vibrates backwards and forwards
thereby "whipping" the hose.  In order to pass the Australian Design
Rules standard the hose must be subjected to this for a specified
number of times (I am unsure of the number but I was told that it was
in the 5 to 6 figure range).  Apparently the stainless steel hoses
fail the test as they break or crack shortly before the test is completed.

I trust that I didn't get too many readers too excited when I first mentioned
this.

Dale Hickman
Tasmanin, Australia