TR6 wipers

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 wipers
From: peb3@cornell.edu (Philip E. Barnes)
Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 13:58:26 +0100
Since we are focussing on wipers this week, here's my problem; the wipers
won't shut off at all. When the ignition is on, the wiper motor runs, even
when the switch is in the "off" position. Switching to the higher speed
speeds up the motor. I have tried spray cleaner on the switch, as well as a
new switch, with no result. On a very rare occasion I can tease the switch
and they will stop. Is this related to the park switch/ground problem, or
another new failure mode?

Philip E. Barnes       '71 TR6  CC61193L
Cornell University
Newman Laboratory of Nuclear Studies
Ithaca, NY 14853
607-255-4951