Parts Houses

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Parts Houses
From: "Joe Laurito" <TRGLORY@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 96 02:40:17 UT
I just got my week's supply of mail today and found out that while I was
having a good time at Carlisle, you were trashing parts suppliers in general
and TRF in particular.

When I rebuilt my first Triumph, there were two ways to get needed parts. One
was to go to the Triumph dealer, kneel before the parts manager and kiss his
ring (and sometimes assorted body parts). The other was to be on a first name
basis with all the junk dealers within 500 miles (that part was easy, they
were all named Junior). Coming from this environment, I am grateful as hell
for the service these suppliers are providing to me. Frankly, I don't have
much use for all the folks who whine about how they are being treated today.

On the subject of backorders, why don't you just order these parts from one of
the other houses? Chances are, though, they don't have them either. When the
supply comes in, it comes to everybody. That's how the business works.

Finally, regarding Charles' bear, you got to remember one thing; IT'S HIS
BOOK, NOT YOURS. As long as I get the parts I need at a reasonable price, he
can put a monkey's behind on the cover for all I care.

BTW, speaking of reasonable prices, I just spent over $500 on a headlight for
my kid's Mazda. Man, it was just like the old days .... the parts manager
standing there ..... me kneeling in front of him with my lips puckered .....

Joe Laurito
trglory@msn.com