Re: General TR6 discourse

To: peb3@cornell.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: General TR6 discourse
From: Hctcbob@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 May 1996 12:10:05 -0400
In a message dated 96-05-09 11:03:29 EDT, peb3@cornell.edu (Philip E. Barnes)
writes:

>2) My 205/70-15 tires rub the swaybar. (Switched tire brands; the old tires
>didn't rub as I recall.)>

Something may be wrong with the swaybar mounting, is it only rubbing on one
side? The rubber mounts on the front pan often perish, allowing the swaybar
to be pushed over when hitting a curb or other foreign object. How are the
rest of the front end pieces holding up and have you had it aligned?  Are you
on stock rims? I've used three different brands of 205-70-15's and never had
a rubbing problem even though I live on a bumpy, rutted dirt road  and drive
hard in parking lots (A/X).

>) GL-4 gear lube is available from VW dealers (Who knew?)

Walmart, Pep Boys and other similar discounters carry GL4 in this part of the
country. It's a generic brand, but GL4 is pretty simple stuff .