re: Blown Spits

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: re: Blown Spits
From: Silikal@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 May 1996 18:17:10 -0400
Thomas writes:
>Now see about a year ago I posted a message inquiring as to whether or not
>anyone had ever blown a TR-6 (huh, huh... blown.) and got somewhat toasted
>...I've been contemplating figuring out how to adapt a Mercedes-Benz
>turbo as I think I could get away with using the stock exhaust manifold so
>that would leave only the intake to be dealt with.  Maybe plumb it in
>blowing into a three SU's if that guy ever figures out how to mount three
>on a TR6 engine.

I've seen TWM Induction (Goleta, CA 805-967-9478) advertising throttle
bodies that fit their Weber manifolds.  You could build a very nice custom
fuel injection system with these and an aftermarket computer.  Add an O2
sensor on the exhaust, crankfire trigger, boost sesor, and throtle position
sensor, and you could control spark advance and injector duty cycle across
load and rpms.  This would most likely be the best setup for use with a
turbo, but not the cheapest.

Dave Williamson  (silikal@aol.com)  Spits in bits