Brake hose question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake hose question
From: dan parslow <DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM>
Date: Fri, 10 May 1996 10:55:11 -0700 (MST)
Cc: DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM
Greetings all.

I've just had a strange brake line experience.  I ordered two car
sets of Goodridge aeroquip-style brake hoses from the TSSC, one
for the Vit and one for the Spit.

Two pairs of hoses were unacceptable: the ones ostensibly for the
Vitesse front were far too short and had long male couplers at
both ends, instead of the short ones at the caliper ends.  The
ones for the Spitfire rear were the same way.  I did the Vitesse
by using the ones meant for the Spitfire front, the Spit will
have to do without for now.

My question is this:  Has anyone ever seen a Triumph that used
long couplers at both ends of the brake hoses?  Is it possible
I have non-original calipers?  Or did Goodridge just goof on
these and mislabel them.  I thought that long male couplers
where only suitible for joining the hoses to the pipes, not
for inserting into the hydraulic unit, you need a short end
for that.  These hoses look like they're meant to splice two
pipes together!  Four of the total eight hoses were like this.

Any insights into this mystery, or should I just shut up and
send them back?

Also, I'm still having an electrical problem with the Vit.
I'm on my third voltage regulator.  Now it all works, but
when I rev the engine the temperature gauge rises dramatically.
Also the speed of the turn signal flasher increases with the
engine speed.  Any thoughts appreciated.

- Dan Parslow
  1965 Triumph Somethingorother
  1979 Triumph Othersomething
  1962 Feet (very reliable)