TR4 windscreen frame

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 windscreen frame
From: john gillis <jgillis@tcd.ie>
Date: Wed, 8 May 1996 13:26:06 +0100
Could somebody please tell me what the gap between the top of their windscreen
rubber and the aluminium capping on the top of the frame is. The problem is on
my car there is no gap, i.e no paint work showing and it is proving impossible
to fit the surrey top under the lip as directed. Or could a TR4 owner out there
measure the width of the windscreen rubber from the chrome finisher to the
outside
edge of the rubber seal. I suspect mine is too wide and as a result is
preventing
the surrey top with it's steel strips from fitting under the capping. Excuse
the typo's
XHERALD MAN on the up??