Blasts from the past

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Blasts from the past
From: "Joe Laurito" <TRGLORY@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 96 04:44:21 UT
OK it's my turn ..... here are some I wish I still had and a few I'm glad I
sold:

49 Chebby fastback coupe - $50, big tub, like new inside and out, the cheapest
is always the best. Beater six, 3 on the tree. Sold to a friend for $75 who
sold to his cousin for $125, etc, etc.

56 Ford Fairlane coupe - $225, 312 police interceptor, 225HP (Hmmm ... $1 per
horse). Don't mess with me.

62 Pontiac Catalina conv. - $1,500, 389 power everything, nothing better for
cruising Ocean Blvd. in the evening with the top down.

66 Mustang conv. - $0, it came with the new wife. Sold it (?) for $350 to her
brother who promptly wrapped it around a telephone pole. Love my wife, hate
her brother.

68 FIAT 124 Spyder - $3,200, fantastic car when it was running (which wasn't
very often). Couln't keep an oil seal in it. Dumped it quick!

69 Chrysler Newport coupe - $3,800, really serious about being a family man.
Once fit a full size cross buck door in the trunk and closed the lid. The guy
at the lumber store just shook his head as I drove away.

73 Olds Cutlass S coupe - $4,000, 350 4bbl, Hurst 4 speed, Astro buckets.
Family man image didn't last. That car was on steroids.

58 Triumph TR3 - $200, push button start ... yeah, I remember that from the 49
Chebby. Promptly sold the hard top for $150 and the wire wheels for $100 plus
a set of steel wheels. Drove it for 20 years. Now doing a total restoration.
It don't owe me a dime!

82 Chebby Malibu wagon - $10,000, worst piece of crap I ever owned. Failed to
start on the dealer's lot *after he fixed it*. Swore to him (and at him) I'd
never buy another Chebby.

75 Triumph TR6 - $4,000, like Lay's potato chips, nobody can eat just one. My
current summer driver.

86 Ford Taurus - $12,000, 2.5L 5-speed. As much fun as you can get out of a
Taurus and maintenance free to boot. One of my kids has it now.

87 Nissan Pulsar - $3,200, T-top, another one of my kids now has this one.

88 Mazda 626 - $3,500, still another kid has this.

89 Acura Integra - $15,000 pocket rocket, bought it for myself; that lasted
till the first time my wife drove it. It's now her car.

81 Triumph TR7 - $2,000 fuelie. Works great since I sorted out the FI system.
Wife's summer driver.

79 Cadillac Coupe deVille - $600, big tub, like new inside and out. My God,
I've come full circle!!!!

Joe Laurito
trglory@msn.com