re: oil leaks

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: re: oil leaks
From: Silikal@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 1996 13:26:37 -0500
Dee Jackson writes about plastic pressure gage lines:
>However, I have seen installation kits for ~ 5.00 USD that have tubing
>and related fittings, don't know if they'll work for you.  I can get names
>if you want.  To be safe, and as Dan Parslow suggested to me, a copper
>line would be a better alternative.

Begging to differ here, but copper tube may actually fatigue more rapidly
than a flexible plastic line.  Of course, the anal-retentive / racing types
would just plumb the thing with AN-3 Teflon-lined stainless steel braided
hose and proper AN adapter fittings.  Auto-Meter sells this in kit form for
their gauges, or you can buy it from any speed shop.

Dave Williamson (silikal@aol.com) Spits in bits