Spitfire Wheels

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire Wheels
From: thoffman@onramp.net (Tim Hoffman)
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 23:25:31 GMT
I know this has been discussed thousands of time, but I couldn't find
anything about it in my archives. I have a '74 Spitfire and I'm
presently recovering from shipwright's disease and rebuilding the
entire front suspension. I want to put wider wheels & tires on the
car. It has stock ones now, and this car is not worth making 100%
original.

I recall something about early Datsun Z-car wheels fitting the bolt
pattern. Is this right? What is the bolt pattern anyway? 4x4.5? What
offset should I get? Has anyone used 14" wheels and a lower profile
tire? I saw a Miata today and thought the wheels might work. Anyone
know?

The tires that are on there currently are 155SR13. What's the sidewall
height on these??? I expected to see something like 155/80R13...

Thanks!
Tim