Re: TR-6 spin on filter adapter (longish) <199603191733.HAA1

To: tlund@ilhawaii.net (Tom Lund)
Subject: Re: TR-6 spin on filter adapter (longish) <199603191733.HAA10416@lehua.ilhawaii.net>
From: Berry Kercheval <kerch@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 1996 14:17:35 PST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, kerch@parc.xerox.com
>>>Tom Lund said:
 > About getting that @#$% filter cannister out... The handbook reprint
 > in the Bently shop manual has a picture showing the cannister being
 > removed. Ha! The engine had  to be mounted on a stand for that
 > photo!

This is what we get for driving on the wrong side of the road.  OF course, on
a PROPER TR-6 with RHD, the steering column is on the other side of the engine
and getting the filter off is no problem.

>> Questions -
>> Does replacing the cannister with the adapter and spin on
>> filter change the amount of oil that should be in the engine?

Probably.

>> Should I still add oil according to the marks on the dip stick?

Yes.  The important factor is enough oil in the pan to make sure the oil pump
pickup is covered at all speeds, accellerations and turning forces.  The
dipstick measures the depth of oil in the pan, so keep using it.

  --berry

Berry Kercheval :: kerch@parc.xerox.com :: Xerox Palo Alto Research Center