Clutch prob solved

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch prob solved
From: "Richard Jackson - Network Technician ext. 2570"<RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 1996 09:05:16 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
Good morning all from damp and dull England.

Took the gearbox out the Spit Friday evening after work to find that the
pressure plate had cracked.   The actual bit that cracked was the circular
spring steel bit with the fingers that the release bearing pushes(Sorry, but I
can't think of a better way to describe it than that), this was allowing part
of the friction plate to be under less tension than the rest, allowing it to
act so bloody strangely.  Anyway, after knicking the pressure plate from my
Girlfriends Herald, all is well and good again.  I did try bleeding it first,
this I did Friday dinner in the works carpark, I first had to hack a large
chunk of the gearbox cover away with a knife, and then (This is the dodgey bit)
borrow a bit of brake fluid from the Brake master cylinder as the Clutch MC was
nearly empty.....(I'm now standing by awaiting flames regarding the safety
aspect of the above :-)  ).

After I had finished the gearbox, a good friend came round and promptly
notified me of the reason I have a Bald outer edge on my front left tyre(tire),
this is the third tyre ruined since last September!!   Anyway, the reason is a
bent verticle link which is giving the wheel more positive camber, so it was
another trip to my girlfriends, and after half an hour, her poor suffering
Herald was minus a verticle link aswell.......:-)

Oh well, I'll fit that tonight I suppose, and hopefully have steering that
doesn't go light when turning right, or pull to the left constantly.

Cheers to everyone regarding information about possible causes of the clutch
problem, it was much appreciated.

Rich - And NO I didn't think Frank stood a cat in hells chance last night
against Mike.
Northampton
England.